Fujifilm FinePix S2750 for Nightclub Photography

Q: Hi. I was wondering if you think the Fujifilm FinePix S2750 12MP Digital Compact Camera would be anygood for nightclub photography (just selling keyrings in clubs nothing special).

I'm just starting out and have this cam and don't have the money to upgrade. I can't really get a good setting on manual mode as the camera won't let me choose the exact aperture I want. It always skips for example 3.2 to 3.4 and won't let me choose an exact number. Hope you can help me.


A: I think that you pretty much answered your own question. It doesn't let you get a good setting on manual mode and it doesn't have a hot shoe for an external flash. That is, you can only use the pop up flash. My answer is, no, this camera isn't good enough for nightclub photography. You really need to have at least an entry level DSLR, a kit lens, and an external flash. Take a look at my gear recommendations for a $500-$800 budget.