Speedlight

Q:I have a few questions regarding this.

First: are the speedlights hard to set up for different occasions?

Second: what should the settings be like?

Third: is the Canon 17-40mm f/4L an alright beginning lens?


A:

  1. The speedlight is not hard to set up for different occasions. I either have it on the camera and I'm bouncing it on the ceiling or walls at various angles or I'm shooting with the speedlight off camera and I'm holding it with my left hand at different positions with the the flash pointed directly at the subject.
  2. Flash Settings: TTL

    I don't use any flash exposure compensation. You might want to try rear/2nd curtain sync if your flash/camera body is capable of doing it. The results you'd get would be different from 1st curtain sync.

  3. The Canon EF 17-40mm f/4L Lens is an awesome lens! It's one of my go to lenses for nightclub photography.